I started this blog aiming to discuss my thoughts about slimming world at the end of my first month. I had already written a post about my first week and spoiler alert it was very successful. I thought doing one a month later would be a good interval, and it would have been, if I had written it. I did start this blog in the second week, my idea being to add to it each week but I didn’t.
At the end of my first month I was feeling a bit low. I had lost by that time 8 lbs but even though I was sticking to the diet I had hit a brick wall and maintained. This continued for 3 weeks and I was starting to worry. It had happened to me on previous diets where I would get to a certain weight and not seem to get lower, I would then start to yo-yo as I would start to feel low and when I am low I eat to make myself feel temporarily better. This was one of the reasons I made the move to Slimming World in the first place. So you can see why I was worrying.
Well I kept at it and then the weight started coming off again, I could finally breathe.
I decided as the weight was falling again and my month dead line had already gone by to wait until I had lost my first stone.
Here it is
10 weeks in and I have lost a stone!
I am very happy, and I am starting to feel and see a difference in myself. My confidence is improving, my clothes are fitting better and I am feeling more comfortable in the hot weather we have been having.
I still have a way to go but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and that is something I have never experienced before.
So what have I learnt during these 10 weeks….
- Believe in the plan – having come from calorie counting I found it hard to eat pasta, rice and potatoes with out wanting to restrict the amount. It does work so just have faith.
- Eat your Healthy Extra’s – again having calories in my head I would try and go days with out eating my Healthy Extra’s but this all coincided with when I maintained for weeks.
- Eat your Syns – I am repeating myself here but again it doesn’t seem normal to be able to eat as much as you do and have these extra Syns that you can eat and treat yourselves to but my best weight loss weeks have been when I eat free food, all my Health Extra’s and have regular Syn intakes.
There are always going to be cons to any diet, and SW has them to.
- Groups – I am not a fan of groups, clapping people when they have lost weight, it feels very weird (great if you have lost weight, but it is still a weird feeling to me). My leader is lovely and if you have maintained and/or put on she talks heavily on where you have come from, how far you have come and that we all have those kind of weeks. But I have heard that not all leader are like that. What I love about the group is the recipes people share or new places they have been to eat, you pick up some great tips from our members.
- Body magic – I am a big believer that food isn’t the be all and end all of a diet. I want to achieve a healthier lifestyle and not just lose weight. They do have a focus on achieving different awards in body magic which keeping up exercise for certain amounts of time over several weeks (I will be posting a little about this next week so look out). In my experience in my group, exercise isn’t really talked about much and it is heavily focused on the food side of things.
That’s the only niggles i currently have with the plan.
Well there we have it, my first 10 weeks on Slimming World. Would I recommend it YES! Am I going to keep going YES! Will I hit my target this year HELL YEAH!
P.s I have tried many diets and Slimming World works wonderfully for me, but everyone is different. What works for me might not work for someone else. Keep this in mind for your weight loss journey, you can do it, you just need to find what works for you.
P.p.s I am now a little further into my SW journey as I was unable to post this when I originally planned. I am now on week 14 of my journey, but this post was written at the 10 week mark and shows my thoughts as of this time.